It's been entirely too long since I last posted, and I can't even attempt to find a good enough excuse. Now that classes are finished for the summer I have finally found time to get in some updates:
I'm back in Fairhope.
It's official, as of last Saturday I am officially living with my parents again (I'll be an only child for a couple of months for the first time since I was 3...should be interesting). Nathan, with the help of my mom, dad and brother who ventured to Auburn (without an U-haul, which is a completely different blog post and took a few more hours then necessary), was fantastic with helping me out. We, or they, successfully moved a bed, box spring, desk, two bookcases, dresser and nightstand along with too-many clothes and various objects I have acquired, and somehow managed all of this to fit into my tiny car, Nathan's car and my brother's truck. Let's just say no one could see outside of the back of the car they were driving. As of right now, all of this stuff is taking over our house.
Avery has a room. Or sort of.
Several years ago we added on to our house, and my old bedroom will be Avery's for the two months that she will live here. For the past two years the room has been my dad's office/guest bedroom, and so I am patiently, or a little impatiently, waiting for all of the furniture to be moved out before I paint the room (it is still a light pink that I'd had since I was 6 years old...I know, I know, Avery's a girl and she might like pink, but I am going to paint it a neutral color so it can go back to being an office when we move out). I'm excited to start decorating.
I will begin my 32 week of pregnancy TOMORROW (Pictures to follow).
I can't believe how fast time is flying by. Nathan and I cannot wait to greet her (he says the day she arrives his first words to her will be, "It's Your Birthday"--I'm a little nervous, that however funny this will be, it may traumatize our daughter).
I'll start class too.
I'll be starting class on Monday like everyone else in Auburn, although mine is slightly different...child birthing class. I can't wait. I wish Nathan could be here, but it's practically impossible for him. I've tried to convince him to take a friend and go in Auburn. We'll see if he really does...
Funny things Avery's been doing:
We've had our first few fights. I roll over on my side, she kicks, moves around and tries to get comfortable, until I finally relent and roll over (disciplining is already in her favor). I told our doctor what she does. He asked if he thought she was telling me "hi," of if she was angry. I think she just does not like it one bit, but it is humorous to watch her move.
Since Nathan is gone and he can't talk to her everyday like he used to, I put my phone on speaker phone and put it on my tummy so he can say "hello." Almost every time, she kicks right beneath his voice. She's already a daddy's girl.
I'm also still not used to people asking me if I am pregnant, or when I am due. I usually have to ask them to repeat themselves to make sure they are really asking about that and I am not just imagining it!
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
2 months ago
1 comment:
The time is going by so fast! I really enjoyed reading your latest post. (Well, I enjoyed reading all of them, but this is the first one I've commented on.)
Enjoy the childbirth class, decorating Avery's room, and getting to be an only child for awhile.
I'm thinking about and praying for you, Nathan and Avery every day.
Love,
Karen (who still hasn't come up with a "grandmotherly" name yet!)
Post a Comment