Some babies have to wait a long time before their first holiday. Avery experienced her first holiday at only 18 days old.
My mom and I had bought a caterpillar costume a few months ago at a Mom-to-Mom sale. Although the outfit looked like it might swallow her, the costume lacked feet and we knew by next year Avery probably wouldn't appreciate being so confined. So, we decided to dress her up this year (she was sporting an appropriately titled "My First Halloween" onesie throughout the day with an adorable "I love my Mummy" bib that was a gift from a friend, and to complete the look--pumpkin booties). I was skeptical about her wearing the costume, since she doesn't enjoy changing outfits. However, she shocked us by loving the costume. It was comfy and cozy, and probably reminded her of Mommy's tummy. She even wore it for a few hours to let people "ooh" and "ahh" over her. Nathan and I took her around the neighborhood to the neighbors we know well to let them see how precious she looked.
She may have had a little too much fun tonight, because she's still awake as I'm typing this...
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
2 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment